Tuesday, June 26, 2018

BILT EUR 2018 Speaker Spotlight and Lab Assistants

I had the privilege of being interviewed for the 'Speaker Spotlight' series on the RTC Events blog by BILT-Eur committee member Rui Gavina.


Here is a link to the post:
https://www.rtcevents.com/blog/bilt-europe-speaker-spotlight-dan-stine/

As the post introduction mentions, I will only be attending the European BILT conference this year... this will be the first North American conference I will have missed for RTC/BILT.

BILT Europe 2018 Sessions:

I have my sessions plugged into Outlook, and in the correct time zone, so I do not miss a beat
once I get to Slovenia! As you can see, I have three sessions... one of which is a double lab. This is a total of 5 hours of presenting. They are going to keep me busy this year! On average I have presented three sessions at every RTC/BILT conference I have attended. In Australia, two years ago, I had a similar lineup; three sessions with one being a double lab.

Handouts in progress:

I have begun working on my handouts already!


Lab Assistants

The BILT committee requires those presenting a lab to find an assistant to help if an attendee runs into trouble. This also allows the presenter to focus and keep the presentation on track. Carl Storms will be my lab assistant in the double MEP lab and I will assist Jason Kunkel in his lab Maintaining Revit Model Standards with Autodesk Model Checker for Revit and Configurator. Teamwork!

Dan and Jason selfie at BILT-Eur '17 in Denmark
If you did not already know, Carl will be presenting at all four BILT conferences this year; Singapore and Australia are already done, and North America and Europe are both forthcoming!

For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter