Thursday, April 27, 2023

Revit 2024 Toposolid Command - YouTube Video

Revit 2024 has a new way to model topography, which completely replaces the original workflow... I created a 15-minute video that walks through the basics. This is front-of-mind for me currently, as I update my Autodesk Revit textbooks for 2024.

I also share a link to a great video by Jeffrey A. Pinheiro, AIA, aka The Revit Kid.


keep reading to learn more...

In my previous "What's New in Revit 2024" video I shared a wide array of new features. In that video I mentioned painting the top of the Toposolid with a grass material, but in this video I show the better option of creating a thin layer (via Edit Structure) to define the surface.

Here is the video... 



A Related Feature/Workflow

Site collaboration with Civil 3D via BIM 360 is still the "premium" workflow as it offers the highest fidelity of a site, with curb and gutter profiles, the crown in the center of a road, and vertical surfaces. This feature came out in Revit 20219.1 and I wrote about it here: Site Collaboration with Civil 3D

BIM After Dark

Here is a great video by Jeffrey A. Pinheiro, AIA, aka The Revit Kid, as well. I was recently a guest on his YouTube channel recently...

Episode 100 Revit 2024 - My TOP 3 New Features 



Recent BIM After Dark episode I was a guest on... 

Episode 98 Award Winning Revit with Lake|Flato Architects 


All-in-all, this is a great new feature in Revit. It will take some staff training and consideration before upgrading, but overall it is a step in the right direction. 
Fun stuff. Hopefully in the future we will have more tools to create recessed areas what can have curb and gutter profiles.





For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Lighting design professionals: check out my Revit & ElumTools training https://bit.ly/3NJjhCV