Friday, August 30, 2024

NDSU - First Week of School - Fall 2024

The first week of another school year has begun at NDSU in Fargo, North Dakota, USA. I have taught this design technology seminar for several years in their graduate architecture program!


keep reading to learn more...

This first week, we already jumped in and started working in Autodesk Forma, where I spoke about the importance of understanding the context and conditions of an existing site before beginning a design solution. I mentioned Lake|Flato always starts by doing a miro-climate analysis, which often includes Forma.

I created a Forma hub for the class through my Autodesk academic account and included each student. I will share these tips and the value of integrating Forma in academia to challenge assumptions and validate design solutions at Autodesk University later this year! See this post for more on that: I'm Presenting at Autodesk University 2024.

Below are photos from this week's class, where I showed off a Lake|Flato project in Forma.



Here to another fun semester!


For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on X or on LinkedIn

Lighting design professionals: check out my Revit & ElumTools training https://bit.ly/3NJjhCV