Thursday, November 1, 2018

Enscape Version 2.4 Released!

Yesterday I tweeted this...


As I come off the sugar-high from Halloween yesterday, I want to share the other two items. Today I will start with the new stable release of Enscape, version 2.4. Tomorrow I will touch on the other topic.

You can get all the details in this Enscape blog post: NEW VERSION: ENSCAPE 2.4 RELEASED

Additionally...

Some of the highlights are:

  • Asset Browser
    Drop in super high quality content such as trees, people and clutter
  • Web Standalone Export
    The standalone is great, but the client still needs a decent computer. Enter Web standalone!
  • Adjustable Grass
    Grass just got better; height and height variation adjustments (especially cool in SketchUp)
  • Faster Video Rendering
    I tried exporting a video for a large park project and it was so much faster!
  • Improve image quality and depth of field
  • Latest NVIDIA driver support
  • And more...

 Here are a couple images of the asset browser. More content is promised soon. We cannot add our own content here, but maybe someday, that would be cool.


Assets provided:Apples! Good looking and healthy...


Assets provided:A potted plant


So this is a glitch due to the fact I had the beta version installed, I'm sure, but the people do not have a texture applied here. But, serendipity... I want this as a toggle!


Here is a screenshot of a model hosted in the cloud!


More on grass later, but check out this image I created using the new adjustable grass settings...


Lots of good stuff! A well rounded release that is sure to please every current Enscape user and possibly convert a few holdouts:)

For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter