Monday, March 4, 2019

BILT-Eur 2019 Session Accepted!

I am happy to report one of my proposed sessions was selected for the 2019 European BILT conference in Edinburgh, Scotland this October.


My selected session...


Speaker Name:
Daniel Stine
Submission ID:
18
Submission Name:
Introduction to ElumTools; Professional Lighting Analysis in Revit
Tags:
Simulation & Analysis, Visualisation | Autodesk

The ID #18 means this was the 18th session submitted (by all would-be presenters). I submitted five proposals to give the committee some options... not that I wanted to do all of them:)

Professional Development:
I recommend you try and attend this conference, or the one closest to you. It is a great form of professional development. The first conference I went to, Autodesk University 2005 at Disney World in Florida, I worked out a deal with my employer to cover half the costs because I wanted to learn! Later, in an interview for my current job, the fact that I did that stood out and helped me get the job. I still do that now, as I personally pay most of my expenses for the international conferences I attend:) Oh, and that is partly because I turn them into a family vacation as I wrote about here on the RTC/BILT blog: RTC Family Vacation.

For More Infromation:
Learn more about the conference here: https://www.dbeinstitute.org/event/bilt-europe-2019/

Welcome to Edinburgh - BILT Europe 2019 - YouTube


Why Attend (from the BILT website):

  • Choose from over 80 classes, labs and discussions from over 60 speakers over 3 days on topics relevant to architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, builders, facility managers and owners, taught by international experts coming from around the world.
  • Best practices for Virtual Reality, Digital Engineering, Reality Capture, Drones, DfMA, VDC, BIM and IDD
  • Dedicated exhibition featuring the latest cutting edge technology and solutions for the industry.
  • The only event with something for everyone. This is an event that actively promotes collaboration practice between industry professionals.
  • Proven project delivery methods for Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Facilities Management.
  • Learn how to leverage digital information and technology to support your business objectives
  • Learn how to improve the value of your profession within the industry


For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn