Friday, February 28, 2020

Digital Built Week - North America 2020 - My Accepted Sessions

After missing the previous two Digital Built Week - North America conferences (2018 and 2019,) I am happy to report I will attending this year in San Diego, California, USA!

Today's post will high light the three sessions I will be presenting. And, just for fun, also include a world map with pins on all the locations I have presented.


Keep reading to learn more...
I have been to every RTC/BILT/DBW conference since it started in North America. But, the past two years I did not submit session proposals or attend BILT/DBW due to other speaking engagements. This year I am able to make it, so I submitted a few sessions and three of them were selected!


The photo above is of me and Matt Kincaid from Lighting Analysts (makers of AGI32 and ElumTools) presenting on lighting design in Toronto, at BILT-NA 2017.

Selected sessions:

All Things Enscape in One Presentation
Learn about ALL the things you can do with Enscape in one fast paced presentation! This is going to be fun!

Practical Applications of the Trimble XR10 & HoloLens 2 in Architecture
Learn how the design team can use the Trimble XR10 with Microsoft HoloLens 2 in the design phase. Both in the office and on an active construction site. The software and safety features will be covered as well.

A Design Firm’s Journey to Embrace Early Stage Energy Analysis
A case study on the internal goals, struggles and accomplishments of a design firm’s implementation of early stage energy modeling. Training implemented, the goals identified and the support and documentation to support early energy modeling using Autodesk Revit and Insight.
For the last session listed above, I was selected as the #2 speaker at the BILT-Eur conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia in 2018.

Globetrotter

I plan on writing another post about this graphic, but thought I would give a sneak peak at it here... it shows most of the locations I have presented at around the world. Well, the Russia presentation was actually not architect/BIM related, but was to a graduating class of high school students... I will leave that story for the next post:)


Here is a photo of me and Kaj Burival, from Enscape at their booth for the BILT-Eur 2019 conference in Scotland last year!


Fun stuff!



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.