Wednesday, February 12, 2020

UofM College of Design Presentation - Lighting Design

Yesterday I had the opportunity to present on lighting design at the University of Minnesota. Today's post will highlight my presentation...

Thanks to LHB for supporting me in these opportunities!


Keep reading to learn more...
The presentation was in Rapson Hall, pictured above. Side note: right around the corner from this building is one I was on the design team for several years ago; read about that here: Past Projects - University of Minnesota Mechanical Engineering Building - Minneapolis

As I mentioned in previous posts, the U of M College of Design has started a lighting design minor. I volunteered to do a guest lecture, covering an array of topics and tools such as Revit, ElumTools, Autodesk Lighting and Minnesota B3 requirements.

Both architecture and interior design students are taking this class, which is taught by Tao Ham, Lighting Designer at HGA, in Minneapolis. Here we are, pictured below...


The class was engaged and asked lots of good questions... which was great seeing as this was a 2.75 hour presentation!



I have previously presented on a similar topic for the interior design program, as I wrote about here: Lighting Design at the University of Minnesota - Fall 2018




Related posts:
Fun stuff!


For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.