Thursday, February 6, 2020

Dunwoody Presentation - Enscape plus Bonus HoloLens 2 Demo

I presented at the Dunwoody School of Architecture in Minneapolis Minnesota yesterday, February 6, 2020. I covered using Enscape with Revit for real-time visualization. I also demo'ed the new Trimble XR10 with Microsoft HoloLens 2 device, letting the students know how augmented reality can be used in architectural design and on the construction site.



To learn more, keep reading...

Enscape

I spent 1.5 hours talking about Enscape with Revit to create compelling presentation graphics and experiences. I shared several example of images I created using these tools, via my personal Enscape gallery:) The image above is from a park restoration project our Landscape Architecture group did here at LHB; you can click here for more on that project. I also pointed out the Enscape blog for helpful tips, many of which I have written; click here for that.
For anyone interested in learning more about Enscape, besure to check out the video-based course I created, hosted on ArchSmarter; Getting Started with Architectural Visualization Using Enscape.
Here are a couple more photos of me presenting on Ensacpe. Thanks to my LHB co-worked and instructor of this class; Miguel Proa. Miguel co-teaches this studio with Paul Strother.



Trimble XR10 with Microsoft HoloLens 2

After talking about real-time rendering and VR I was able to demo the new Microsoft HoloLens 2 that LHB has. This version of the device is integrated into a hardhat by Trimble to facilitate using the device on construction sites, which require hardhats.



In the following photo I an enter the HL2 IP address into my browser to be able to sync what I see with my laptop screen...


Notice the virtual Microsoft tattoo on my wrist:) Tapping that hologram provides quick access to the main Windows menu.


Clicking holographic buttons that only I can see...


YouTube Videos

In this short video I am talking about the bone conduction headphones, which can be used with standard ear protection on a construction site.


In this video I am showing how the device works while a composite view of what I am seeing is being sync'ed to the digital projector...



Fun stuff!




For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.