Thursday, September 14, 2023

Prairie View A&M University Career Fair Fun!

I got to attend the career fair at Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) yesterday with Lake|Flato associate Sophia Razzaque, AIA, IIDA, NOMA, LEED AP!


keep reading to learn more...

I really enjoy chatting with students about life after academia (in general) and opportunities at Lake|Flato (specifically). I am able to share a wide range of knowledge, given I have written several textbooks and teach graduate architecture students at NDSU. PVAMU is just outside of Houston, which is drivable in one day from San Antonio. For fun, I brought one of our VR headsets and shared some Ensacpe renderings via Yulio with students who were interested (see phone below).


After the fair, professor Dr. April Ward took us on a tour of a project her students worked on, which is coming to life just a few hundred feet away from the School of Architecture building. Last year, I had the opportunity to review the energy model for this project. So, it was fun to see it under construction.

Pictures below (L/R):



Related:


For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Lighting design professionals: check out my Revit & ElumTools training https://bit.ly/3NJjhCV