Friday, April 26, 2024

Design for Deconstruction Presentation - Northeastern University - Integrated Building Systems

Last week I had to opportunity to present (remotely) to architecture students at Northeastern University taught by my friend Lori Ferriss!

I presented some of the work Lake|Flato is doing related to Design for Deconstruction. 


keep reading to learn more...

Lori was the 2023 Chair of the AIA National Committee on the Environment (COTE) Leadership, where I also serve. In addition to being an architect and structural engineer, she also co-developed the CARE Tool with ARCHITECTURE 2030... so, an all-around amazing person:)

A view from my remote perspective (just before class started)...



Here are a few slides from my presentation (click to enlarge)...

I presented many projects that involved design deconstruction. Below are three examples of the range of applications, which include:
  • Off-site deconstruction and reuse (residence structure)
  • Design for deconstruction in the future (Sustainable SITES project)
  • On-site deconstruction and reuse (our office remodel)









For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Lighting design professionals: check out my Revit & ElumTools training https://bit.ly/3NJjhCV