Tuesday, June 23, 2020

New Chapter - Lake|Flato Architects

I am beyond excited to announce my new position as Director of Design Technology at Lake|Flato Architects in San Antonio, Texas.

Today's post is all about this new chapter...


keep reading to learn more...
I am filling a newly created role in the firm, which is intended to build upon the great success the firm already enjoys around technology and high performance design. That is all I will say about the position itself for now... you will have to stay tuned to this blog if you want to vicariously go on this journey with me.

About the firm; here are a few recent accomplishments:
Be sure to sign up for the Lake|Flato newsletter! Check out the current issue here

There are so many things to be excited about when contemplating working for this firm. Here are two examples:
  • 1% INITIATIVE - details
    "contributes 1% of design staff's total project hours toward pro bono design work focused on non-profit clients working for the public good"
  • Watercolor Wednesdays - details
    Yes, thats right, a group gathering to hone ones skills at watercolor!

Here is a photo I took back in January of the office entry, which I will not see again for some time thanks to the global pandemic. In fact, I start today from Minnesota; as, even when I arrive in San Antonio I will likely not be going into the office right away.




The firm is 110% dog friendly... there were 3-4 in the office the day I visited.



During my initial visit to the firm back in January 2020, I was able to find a few L|F projects to explore. You can only imagine how hard it was to not share these project photos, given my blogging activities! Today, I will just share one project; a favorite of the ones I have seen in person so far... Confluence Park in San Antonio. An all around great experience, even down to my taxi driver offering to wait because "you're never going to find another taxi out here."










In closing, I have to share a few photos of San Antonio, where I will be moving soon. Honestly, I did not expect this, but the city is so beautiful and filled with character. Here are some photos I took of the River Walk and similarly amazing areas around town.






And, so the next chapter begins!



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.