Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Guest Lecture; NDSU Interior Design

This week I had the opportunity to guest lecture for interior design students at North Dakota State University (NDSU). The students are Juniors in a Revit class taught by Kellie Hamre, M.S., IIDA, IDEC. This is the same class I have taught myself in the past. I do, however, still teach in the architecture program at NDSU.

The students are currently working through my Interior Design using Autodesk Revit 2018 textbook.


With LHB and NDSU both having state-of-the-art video conference rooms, we are able to have...
really nice, high fidelity interaction. The rooms on each side have multiple microphones on the ceiling to make any discussion crystal clear! There are also high quality cameras and multiple screens to see each other and what I am presenting.

This was the view form the students side...

This was the view from my side...

In the presentation I mostly talked about how to work collaboratively in Revit as they are about to start their group project. Now the secrets out, and you all know the motivation behind this recent post:) Getting Started with BIM 360 Team and Collaboration for Revit; which has been very popular, by the way.


I also talked about Revit versions, service packs and graphics driver updates.

And... of course, I could not leave them without a quick look at Enscape! This great real-time rendering and VR engine is free for students.


Fun stuff...

For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter