- Carl Sterner, Sol Design Consulting; Sefaira
- Kirin Kennedy, DIGSAU; Cove.Tool
- Dan Stine, Lake|Flato; Autodesk Insight
- Blanca Dasi Espuig, HOK; Climate Studio
- Eesha Khanna, KieranTimberlake; Grasshopper/Ladybug/Honeybee
You’re invited to join the AIA Philadelphia Committee on the Environment to learn more about the 2030 Commitment, to share knowledge, and to improve practice. Architects have an important role to play in addressing the climate crisis. In Philadelphia, buildings alone contribute to more than 70% of the city’s greenhouse gas emissions. In Part 2 of the 2030 Working Group, we will focus on design strategies to reduce emissions, paving the road to net zero in 2030.
Differentiate between environmental design software typically used by designers and building performance specialists.
Compare and contrast software available for designers.
Evaluate firms’ experiences with different environmental design tools.
Develop recommendations for tools to use on their own work.