Thursday, March 18, 2021

BIM Chapters 4 Year Anniversary

I cannot believe how time flies... today marks the four year anniversary of this blog, BIM Chapters! Thanks so much to everyone who follows this blog! Today's post shares my original post, the inspiration to create this blog, and what I think its value is.



keep reading to learn more...
The very first post, partially shown above, is Materials in Linked Revit Models. This was material I pulled out of a handout for a presentation I did in Singapore.

Inspiration 

Inspiration for the blog actually stemmed from Steve Stafford not posting as often over the previous year (2016-17). I used to vicariously post through him occasionally... click here to search his site for my name:) Here is a specific example: Optional Instance Override Example Two.

Value

I love sharing knowledge. Some is not free, e.g. my books and some online courses... however, this blog, and the many lectures I have given in academia and to user groups are free. I love the opportunity to improve the knowledge and efficiency for people and firms around building performance and BIM. I always learn new things in the process, as well.

A lot of amazing opportunities have blossomed from having created this blog and providing quality content. Most notable, at least in part, is the amazing job -- as Director of Design Technology --  I have at Lake Flato Architects... having a wealth of articles on building performance and BIM made it much easier to describe and qualify my experience:) 

Mascot

In a world where names and logos change all the time, I have no intention of changing mine. One reason for this, is my son was 15 when he created this digital artwork. I remember asking him if this was a character from a TV show or something. When he said no, I appropriated it as my blog mascot! I am pretty sure I still own him some money for this;) Fast forward, and my son is now an art student at MCAD in Minneapolis!




Thanks

Truly, I am very grateful for everyone who reads this blog, and comments, shares, likes and all that.



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.