Monday, March 15, 2021

New Enscape Blog Posts - SketchUp + Enscape 3.0

I recently wrote two new blog posts for Enscape on lighting and materials for SketchUp, using the fresh new Enscape 3.0!


keep reading to learn more...

These two posts cover the key ingredients of any architectural visualization... materials and lighting! From wood and leather to photometrically accurate lighting! The basics are covered in these two posts!

At Lake|Flato we use a number of the design platforms supported by Enscape; Revit, Rhino, and SketchUp.

The posts are over on the Enscape site... here are the links:






AFTER writing these articles, as I was walking around the house thinking about them -- like a nerd -- I took these photos. Not that they are perfect matches (as they had nothing to do with the articles), but they do capture the interesting highlights. Although a rather matte surface, the armrest on my chair is still quite bright. And, as the sunlight brightens some leaves on my plant, others are much darker.




Fun stuff!



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.