Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Advancing Computational Building Design 2021

Coming soon... Advancing Computational Building Design 2021 in Dallas, Texas. Today's post is about my session and the event in general. Plus, a BIM Chapters discount code.



keep reading to learn more...

I am excited to be participating in this event. It will be the first in-person conference in two years... the previous one was AU 2019 in Las Vegas. I presented at the online version of ACBD last year. Plus, Dallas is just up the road from me, here in San Antonio:) Not sure if I will drive yet, but it would take about 4 hours to drive from my house.

Introduction

Building design is increasingly data driven, through parametric design of façades, optimization of floor plans and energy modelling to automation of repetitive tasks.

Design firms are now at the tipping point of mass adoption, but critical challenges remain. At the 5th annual Advancing Computational Building Design 2021 you’ll:

  • Identify the most valuable use cases and gain buy-in
  • Develop awareness and harness a pro-computation culture
  • Optimize your business organization and processes around the latest tools
  • Develop quality assurance processes and standards to scale up
  • Hear how to go beyond 3rd party software with in-house developers

In addition, case studies will outline how to leverage computation on real-world projects, including floorplan layouts, energy modelling, clash coordination, façade design, digital fabrication and automation of routine tasks.



Details

  • When:  October 4-6, 2021
  • Where: Dallas, Texas, USA
  • Download the Event Guide: click here
  • Discount code for BIM Chapter's readers: SPK10

My Session

I will be presenting a pre-conference workshop on virtual reality, covering some recent advancements in the technology and delivery methods.


Check out my interview about my session here (PDF download): click here





For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.