Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Autodesk University 2021 - Virtual again + my session

Once again, thanks to COVID-19, the annual Autodesk conference will be virtual. While I really miss seeing people IRL the plus side is the event is entirely free again. Today's post is about Autodesk University 2021 and my session!


keep reading to learn more...

First off, I am happy to say I have already recorded my session with Autodesk. I picked one of the first slots on the first day they started recording. I wanted to push myself to get it done, and not procrastinate, like usual:)

My session is titled Implementing Early Energy Modeling in an Architectural Practice. For Lake|Flato, this was actually more about implementing a new set of tools and workflows, as we have been doing early energy modeling for years. The course description is shown below...



Sneak peak: Here are a couple slides from the presentation:)




The in-person AU that has traditionally been hosted in Las Vegas (for the big one here in the USA) would have about 10k attendees. Last year, the global virtual conference had nearly 100k registrants, which is amazing.

Last year I was interviewed by Autodesk related to my involvement in their beta work on Insight, their cloud-based energy modeling tool. I have a little more to share on that in my session.

My interview is still featured on the AU site. Go to this link and click the right-arrow to see the next video just off the screen, titled Next Generation of Sustainable Designhttps://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/architecture-building-engineering 


Will you be attending virtual AU this year?



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.