Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Architech Show; Architecture and Technology Podcast

I have really been getting into podcasts lately. They are a great way to make a long drive seem shorter. I recently posted about podcasts and a few I have been guest on; Simply Complex Podcast; I talk lighting with Marcello. Well I managed to find my way on to another great podcast with a fun group of Australian guys; Joe Banks, Greg Lamb, Will and Nick; The Architech Show.

Joe Banks, Marcus Finch, Dan Stine and Johan Hanegraff at BILT-NA 2017
Joe just earned the top speaker slot, based on...
attendee voting, for BILT-NA in Toronto this past August (2017). Phil Read posted the top ten list here: BILTna 2017 Top Ten. I could be wrong, but I feel like this is the first time a lab-based class has been the #1 class. I find this very impressive as a lab can be a challenge given a varied knowledge of the audience; making it hard to please everyone. More experienced users are often disappointed in a class that is moving too slow, or less experienced users are frustrated because things are moving too quickly and they cannot keep up. In either case, the overall class assessment often suffers. Thus, getting the top slot for a lab shows Joe delivered on many levels! I wish I was in that class... oddly, and unfortunately, I did not see a single presentation on the top ten list (see image below).


Shout out to Bill Dedevc, host of BIMThoughts podcast, for getting second place. And Marcello Sgambelluri, host of the Simply Complex podcast, for getting third place. Hey, wait a minute... the top three all host BIM podcasts! Very interesting:)
The material for Joe's top class has been made available to everyone via Google Drive on Twitter: https://twitter.com/j_bim/status/895544834118664192

Joe had the opportunity to reflect on earning the top spot and some insight into his efforts in preparing for a session via the BILT blog. Read that here: BILTna 2017 Top Speaker Joe Banks.

Like the BILT conference, Joe's podcast is intentionally not spelled correctly; Architech, not Architect. The show is a blend of architecture and technology... thus, Arch-tech.

Here is a link to the episode I was guest on...
Episode 69 - Interview with Dan Stine


If you have not heard about Joe's podcast, you have some catching up to do... there are now 69 episodes which range from 30-60 minutes. So that's about 50 hours of materials.