Friday, November 3, 2017

AIA Minnesota Convention 2017; Dynamic Energy Optimization with Revit and Insight 360

I am excited to be presenting again at the Minnesota AIA Convention on Autodesk's energy modeling workflow later this month. I believe this workflow is one of the most powerful, yet most overlooked, energy optimization tool for architects. Using Revit and the cloud-based Autodesk Insight, any project team-member can play an important role in decisions at multiple stages in a project.

I gave a similar presentation last year in Phoenix Arizona, where the attendees voted the session into the 'top ten' list; RTC-NA Top Ten blog post. I have also been doing staff training on this subject in our Duluth and Minneaoplis offices recently; read most about that here: Increased Efficiency Through Training; For Staff and Buildings.



Session details:
  • AIA-MN Convention 2017
  • Event 39 (TH39) Dynamic Energy Optimization with Revit and Insight 360
  • Thursday, November 16, 2017, 08:30 am - 10:00 am
  • Minneapolis Convention Center
Additionally...

I have a detailed handout (approx. 50 pages) available for attendees, which covers the wide range of opportunities, from early stage massing to more detailed models. I have included a few example images below.




Firms participating in the AIA 2030 Commitment are able to push data from Insight directly into the AIA 2030 Design Data Exchange (DDx). I will be covering this opportunity as well.


I wrote a brief overview of Autodesk Insight and the AIA 2030 DDx reporting on LHB's blog: AUTODESK INSIGHT 360 – A NEW PARADIGM IN ENERGY OPTIMIZATION.

For more on AIA Minnesota Convention 2017, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, click here.

Last year I spoke on Practical Applications of Virtual Reality in Architecture. This was part lecture and part hands-on. We had three stationary Oculus stations and a room-scale HTC Vive for the attendees to try. Below I have shared a few photos from that event. If you are interested in this topic, be sure to check out my NVIDIA hosted webinar next week (11/08/2017); learn more here: Sign Up for My NVIDIA Webinar on Intensive VR Workflows - November 2017.




Thanks for reading...