Tuesday, November 14, 2017

BILT-EUR 2017 Top Ten Speakers

This morning the BILT-EUR 2017 Top Ten list was published... and I am happy to report I made this list.

So, first off, a big thank you to those who attended my presentation (pictured below) - I am honored.

BTW, I found out about the top ten raking in a...message this morning from Joe Banks, an Australian who should have been sleeping in the Autodesk University "time zone". Joe earned the #1 spot for the BILT-NA conference; I wrote about that here.
If you look closely at the photo above, you may notice I provided some american candy to my largely-European attendees! Does this count as a bribe? Truthfully, I brought a small suitcase full of goodies. I always give away copies of my books when I speak. Later this week I will be giving away several books in my session at the AIA Minnesota Convention!


It looks like my instincts were good, in that my favorite session was everyone's favorite session (at least for those in the class). The top spot for BILT-EUR 2017 went to Jostein Berger Olsen from Norway. I wrote about this, and reference his post where he gives away his handout and dataset for this class, in this post: Reflecting on BILT-EUR 2017 in Aarhus Denmark. Congrats Jostein, you deserved it!

My Jostein Olsen tweet (with video): https://twitter.com/DanStine_MN/status/916565197950717952


I only attended two other sessions on the top ten list... Anthony Hauck's session on generative design was pretty amazing (I actually saw this session in Toronto). I also really enjoyed Nathan Love's session on Civil Infrastructure modeling in Revit.

My Nathan Love tweethttps://twitter.com/DanStine_MN/status/915970407697657857

This tweet had a quick reply, during the session, from Autodesk's Harlan Brumm partially-joking, saying "not exactly what we had in mind when we added that [new feature]".


The top 10 sessions are:
  • Jostein Berger Olsen from Sweco – How Dynamo Can Help Revit With Its Topographical Issues 
  • Ralph Schoch from Victaulic – LAB: Revit Fabrication Parts – Design to Spooling Lab 
  • Radu Gidei from Grimshaw (who in fact had both of his sessions in the top ten) – LAB: Set your BIM Data Free: Connect Dynamo to Cloud Services & LAB: Machine Learning for Everyone: Practical Applications using Dynamo 
  • Daniel Stine from LHB – LAB: New Multi-Story Stair and Railing Features 
  • Christopher Rossetto from OMA (who also won the Vision 20/20 competition) – Archi-Graphics: Revit’s Best Kept Secret 
  • Anders Hvid from DareDisrupt – Keynote Address: Face the Future 
  • Anthony Hauck from Autodesk – Generative Design with Project Fractal 
  • Conor Shaw from Shaw Architectural Solutions – See My Point (Cloud)? My Experience Laser Scanning a Historical Building and Making Use of the Data 
  • Nathan Love from AECOM – Modelling Civil Infrastructure in Revit 
  • Paul Vesey from Limerick Institute of Technology – LAB: Building Games – Using Unity for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality

Click here to see the BILT Blog post:  Your votes are in…BILT Europe Top 10 Speakers