Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Minnesota Conference on Architecture - Next Week!

Next week is the annual Minnesota Conference on Architecture hosted by the Minnesota American  Institute of Architects. I am participating in two presentations, and I would like to share the session details with you in today's post...


Keep reading to learn  more...
Here are the two sessions I am participating in:

Tour: Vertical Endeavors Tour - Informing Design with Augmented Reality
1.5 LUs  Experience Level: Entry
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13    10:15 am - 12:15 pm

A Cross Section of New Technology for Architecture
1.5 LUs  Experience Level: Entry
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14  (Student Day)     8:30 am - 10:00 am

The tour and Augmented Reality (AR) demo is based on work we did two years ago. In this session, we will take a bus to the completed project site, in St. Paul. Then, I will give a brief presentation on how we used the Microsoft HoloLens (AR) to inform design with the client (see photo below.) Finally, we will split the audience into two groups and take turns touring the facility and trying out the same project in AR using multiple devices.



I previously wrote about the technology panel presentation here: click here


If you are at this conference, please stop me  and say hello!

Related links:




For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.