Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Early Energy Modeling Presentation at UTSA - Yesterday

Yesterday I had the good fortune of presenting to architecture students at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). This was a great opportunity to share knowledge with a local architecture program... as I am the Director of Design Technology at Lake | Flato Architects in San Antonio, Texas.


keep reading to learn more...

I was a guest lecturer in the class Advancing Building Technology and Sustainability taught by professor Hazem Rashed-Ali, Ph.D., LEED AP.

I presented twice, as there are two sections for this course. Sorry I forgot to get a screenshot of the morning session.

The presentation mainly offered a high-level overview of the Revit + Insight workflow for early energy optimization by Autodesk. I briefly mentioned a few other tools and encouraged the use of any tool to start asking questions and challenge assumptions around design decisions. The presentation went well, I think, with lots of good questions.

Here are just two of the several slides I shared, in addition to doing a quick 8-story building mockup and running a simulation.




This information is similar to what I offer my graduate architecture students at NDSU, for example: NDSU - First Week of School - Fall 2019.

Fun stuff!


For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.