Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Off Topic - A Week Off and a Day of Photography

I am super grateful that Lake|Flato gave everyone the week off, this week.

And, like any good television show, what do you do on one of your days off, but spend it with a co-worker:) Today's post is about a day of photography with Steven Campbell.


Keep readying to learn more...

On Monday I spent the day walking around downtown San Antonio with Steven, who is the BIM Manager at Lake|Flato and a photography enthusiast. He brought a vintage twin-lens reflex camera, for me to use, which was made in Czechoslovakia - link to learn more here. I had a single roll of b&w film with 12 shots!



Steven took some shots with his camera and also used it to determine the settings for the camera I was using. All I had to do was frame the picture and focus! We'll see how I did when I get the negatives/scans back, which I just mailed off yesterday!



San Antonio is so beautiful. From amazing architecture, including The Alamo shown above, to the River Walk that meanders through the downtown area. btw, our office is just one block from The Alamo, although we are all still working remotely.



We used our phone camera, set to b&w to look for contrast and texture... which is what these shots are from (click to enlarge).




So much fun. Thanks, Steven!!



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.