Thursday, December 31, 2020

A Year in Review, plus Top 2020 Posts on BIM Chapters

As this crazy year comes to a close I thought I would write a short post on the year that was 2020, the top ten posts, and mention a few of my favorites...





Before the top 10, here are a few of my personal favorites:


Keep reading to learn more...
Although I look forward to putting 2020 in the rearview mirror, I am grateful for a number of things that worked out despite the challenges of a global pandemic, which included starting at Lake|Flato Architects as the Director of Design Technology, and subsequently moving to San Antonio, Texas. And, as crazy as this sounds now, I even went to Walt Disney World this year, back in February.
Sneak peak: I won't be able to write about this until next week, 2021, but I was interviewed by Dell and that went live this week on their blog: Designing From the Home Office.

The blog continues to do well with an average of 26k views a month, thanks you! As I wrote a few days ago, Autodesk recognized my efforts by giving me a social media award, more on that here

Here are the top ten posts from 2020 for my blog. A few of these top posts are from previous years, meaning they had more views than other posts from this year. Combined, these posts have about 25,000 views...

#1

BIM 360 Design Local Files and More, May 6, 2020

 

#2

Cost Estimating Directly in Revit, May 16, 2020

 

#3

Review of Precision 5750 Laptop, May 19, 2020

 

#4

Mark and Type Mark Parameters in Revit - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Nov 7, 2018

 

#5

Revit 2020.2 Issue, Feb 3, 2020
 

#6

Tutorial: how to create custom Enscape assets, May 26, 2020

        This one was written by Pieter Schiettecatte from A+I in NYC

        (this is the second year in a row that Pieter made my 'top posts' list!)


#7

Revit's Section Box Tips and Tricks, May 17, 2017

 

#8

Autodesk to Offer BIM 360 Design Free Until May 31, 2020, March 19, 2020

 

#9

Autodesk BIM 360 Design Set Up Tips & Tricks, March 20, 2020

 

#10

Revit Model Maintenance Best Practices, March 4, 2018



I had a new book published this year, and am working on another one now:


Here are four more personal favorites...



I still managed to do several presentations this year... listed here:


Finally, I managed to stay engaged with Enscape and wrote the following posts/articles for them this year:


Thanks to everyone who follows this blog and for all the feedback!

Here's to 2021... Happy New Year.



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.