Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Wireless VR for Architecture and Engineering - TPCAST for the HTC Vive - First Impressions

LHB has entered the wireless VR realm this week with the TPCAST Wireless Adaptor for Vive.


Yesterday I set up this wireless adaptor for the HTC Vive and...
it worked pretty well! I was excited to jump into The Lab and walk outside the main room like I saw in a video preview over a year ago... that was fun. My next test was an Enscape model, and that worked great as well.


I went from the parts above to actual testing for the first time in about 1.5 hours. The photo below is LHB's Marketing Director Joellyn Gum testing the untethered VR experience.


The hardware is lightweight and the video quality in the HMD is pretty much the same as far as I can tell in the 30 minutes of in-VR testing I had time for.


Super excited to get this permanently installed in our two dedicated VR rooms; Minneapolis and Duluth offices. Our clients will really benefit from this less encumbering opportunity to virtually tour their new or remodeled facility, road or bridge!