With rare exception, LHB (a 250 person multi-discipline firm) has been doing ALL building projects, with rare exception, completely in Revit for about 10 years now; this includes Architectural, Interiors, MEP and Structural. Even the external Food Service and Parking Ramp consultants we work with use Revit.
ScreenshotsHere are screenshots taken during the installation process (click to enlarge). Sorry for the poor quality, as I was only able to find a hard copy, which I scanned.
RenderingsHere are the original rendered images used by Autodesk. BTW, the Ordean East Middle School project was converted from a high school, as stated below... this is the high school I attended:)
Substantial remodel of an existing urban YMCA facility.
Duluth Public Schools Ordean East Middle School
LHB was selected by the Duluth Public School District to provide architecture and engineering services for the addition and remodel of the Ordean East Middle School Building which houses 1,200 students, grades 6-8. LHB created a virtual model of the existing facility achieved through existing plans and on-site computer input.
The project included a new pool with athletic locker rooms along with much needed mechanical and electrical upgrades. Educational adequacy improvements were made to the classrooms and the school required ADA upgrades. Significant features included:
- Solar hot water heated pool
- All classrooms have natural daylight and ventilation
- Daylight controls and occupancy sensors
- Low VOC paints and materials
- Fresh air displacement ventilation with duct sensors monitoring CO2
- 95%+ efficient condensing boilers with radiant heat
- Terazzo and tile floors reduce maintenance
- Dropping the heating water temperature by 40 degrees reduced pump costs by 40%, and also reduced the pipe size by 50%
Duluth Public Schools Lincoln Park Middle School
- Duluth Public School District has constructed several new and remodeled buildings. LHB provided architecture and engineering services for the newly constructed Lincoln Park Middle School Building designed for 1,000 students, grades 6-8. The project scope included: an auditorium, pool, gymnasium, evening community use, and recreational fields. As part of the same round of district improvements, LHB also provided architecture and engineering services for the renovation of the district’s Ordean East Middle School designed for 1200 students.
Cascade Meadow Wetlands & Environmental Science Center
- Link: Cascade Meadow
- Cascade Meadow is a 16,000 sq ft environmental wetland and science center located in Rochester, Minnesota. The facility includes a reception area, interactive exhibit spaces, a large classroom and meeting space, a science lab for the study of native wetlands, a conference room and offices for staff and on-site educators. The site includes a restored wetland, a restored lake, outdoor learning stations, native gardens and nature trails. The project is LEED Platinum Certified.
I hope you found this interesting...
For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter