Monday, July 13, 2020

Autodesk AEC Community Website - My Featured Post

Did you know Autodesk has an AEC Community page with related resources? That is the topic of today's post, which includes one of my blog posts featured on that site!


keep reading to learn more...

The AEC Community page has several resources, such as:
  • Post or find jobs
  • Learning resources
  • Community meetups
  • Autodesk gallery
  • Find a local user group
  • Find a consultant
  • Featured community content
In this last category, there is a blog post my mine currently being feature! In addition to mu featured post, there is a link to my good friend Carl Storms from BIM Track; YourDesk University – Dynamo Packages That Will Rock Your World.


The featured post, from my blog, is Cost Estimating Directly in Revit. This post dives into the steps one can take to perform a detailed cost estimate directly in Revit. It even gets into ways to manage soft costs and fixed costs, such as tax.


The 'find a consultant' feature is cool in that it gives individuals an outlet to provide professional services! Here is an example of my friend Alfredo Medina, a fellow Autodesk Expert Elite, who has listed himself as a consultant.



Have some additional industry resources, please share in the comments below.



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.