Wednesday, February 24, 2021

IES BIM Committee - New Member

I am excited to share that I was recently accepted onto the BIM Committee for the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES). It is an honor to share my knowledge in this area and represent an architectural firm, Lake|Flato, in this capacity.


keep reading to learn more...

I am excited to continue promoting standards for our industry to make real-world workflows more efficient, accurate and consistent. Although I am no longer involved in the MEP Productivity Pack for Revit, sold by ATG under the CTC Software brand, I still believe it is a great basis for an industry standard.

Read more about the MEPPP as the basis for a standard here:

On a related note, I recently reviewed a BIM standards document that NEMA is developing.

Presenting on lighting analysis in Toronto Canada


Here are some related lighting efforts I have been involved with:

Finally, I did a series of webinars for Lighting Analysts on their Revit add-in, ELumTools.


More about the committee: click here



For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.