I am excited to share that I was recently accepted onto the BIM Committee for the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES). It is an honor to share my knowledge in this area and represent an architectural firm, Lake|Flato, in this capacity.
keep reading to learn more...
I am excited to continue promoting standards for our industry to make real-world workflows more efficient, accurate and consistent. Although I am no longer involved in the MEP Productivity Pack for Revit, sold by ATG under the CTC Software brand, I still believe it is a great basis for an industry standard.
Read more about the MEPPP as the basis for a standard here:
On a related note, I recently reviewed a BIM standards document that NEMA is developing.
|Presenting on lighting analysis in Toronto Canada|
Here are some related lighting efforts I have been involved with:
- I presented at Lightfair, with fellow committee member Matt Kincaid (pictured with me, above). In this post you can also see a photo of me with Brazilian committee member Jose Luiz Pimenta Pinheiro (pictured with me below)!
Recap - Lightfair International 2018 in Chicago
- I presented on lighting anlysis for architects at the Minnesota AIA Convention:
My Presentation on Lighting Analysis at the 2018 Minnesota AIA Convention
- I have presented on lighting analysis and advised on their implementation of a lighting design minor:
UofM College of Design Presentation - Lighting Design
- Sharing a couple more technical posts I have written:
- Comparing Analysis Tools - Lighting Calcs
- Calculating Light Levels for LED Strip Lights in ElumTools
- Introducing the MEPPP Universal Lighting Fixture Family for Revit
- I presented on lighting design in Canada and Europe:
BILT Europe 2019 - Professional Lighting Analysis for Architects
- I also teach lighting analysis to graduate architecture students at NDSU:
Lighting Analysis Module at NDSU
Finally, I did a series of webinars for Lighting Analysts on their Revit add-in, ELumTools.
More about the committee: click here
For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn
Check out my video-based courses on ArchSmarter.
I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.