Tuesday, December 28, 2021

A Year in Review, plus Top 2021 Posts on BIM Chapters

As another interesting year comes to a close I want to share a post on the year that was 2021, the top ten posts, highlights, and mention a few of my favorites...



Before the top 10, here are a few of my personal favorites:

I was interviewed/featured in several articles:
As mentioned in the ArchDaily post, I have been working with Heather Holdridge, an Associate Partner and the Director of Design Performance at Lake|Flato, along with a team from Buro Happold, and the Sustainable Performance Institute on the forthcoming AIA Climate Action Guide for Practice. I will also be presenting with EHDD and Centerbrook at+ the 2022 AIA convention in Chicago.

Two more highlights:

The blog continues to do well with an average of 20k+ views a month, thanks you! 

Top Ten Posts

Here are the top ten posts from 2021 for my blog.

#1

AutoTurn for Revit - Revisited, May 26, 2021

 

#2

Windows 10 Update causes PDF printing issues in Revit, March 17, 2021

 

#3

Revit Material Return at Wall Openings, March 5, 2021

 

#4

Revit Shared Coordinates - Working with Consultant Models, January 29, 2021

 

#5

NVIDIA CloudXR for AEC, October 22, 2021
 

#6

Fire Rating in Wall Types plus Existing Phase OverridesJune 23, 2021


#7

AIA San Antonio - COTE Committee workshop - Early Energy Modeling with Revit and InsightJuly 1, 2021

 

#8

Copy a Revit Family from Linked Model into Current modelSeptember 13, 2021

 

#9

Revit 2022 - See What's New in my Annual AECbytes ArticleApril 6, 2021

 

#10

Revit Shared Coordinates - Part 3, Vertical PositioningFebruary 11, 2021


New Book

I had a new book published this year, and am working on a third in this series now:

Presentations

I managed to do several presentations this year... listed here:

Enscape Engagement

I managed to stay engaged with Enscape and wrote the following posts/articles for them this year:
See all the Enscape posts I've written, here: https://blog.enscape3d.com/author/dan-stine

Lake|Flato Dogrun Posts

I wrote these posts for Lake|Flato's blog:


For BIM Chapters updates, follow @DanStine_MN on Twitter or connect on LinkedIn

Check out my video-based  courses on ArchSmarter.

I also write blog posts for Enscape - a new paradigm in rendering, animation and VR for AEC.